Atlas Trucking subscribes to the highest standards of trucking safety, and it takes significant steps to maintain its strong safety record.
- Regular Inspections. Federal guidelines require truck safety inspections one time each year. We inspect our fleet every four months with a full U.S.D.O.T. checklist of items.
- In-house Staff. We don’t leave safety to others. We have two full-time Michigan Trucking Association certified inspectors on staff so regular safety inspections don’t turn into significant down-time for our fleet.
- Safety Equipment. Our regular inspections ensure that all required safety equipment is installed, in working order, and drivers know how to use it.
- Onboard GPS. GPS-enabled electronic onboard recorders (EOBRs) supplied by Omnitrac ensure that drivers’ schedules meet federal requirements for required rest.
- Safety Policy. We have safety enforcement policy that monitors driver performance and takes appropriate steps to encourage safe behavior and a professional attitude.
The Federal Motor Carrier Motor Safety Agency, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation, maintains and posts CSA (Compliance Safety Accountability) scores for all commercial truck drivers.
The scores are based on metrics related to driver safety, and they are indexed as a comparison to other drivers and trucking companies comparable in size every month. Our goal every month is to keep scores low, showing above average safety.
You can look up the current Atlas Trucking CSA score at CSA Score Search. For the search, use the Atlas Trucking DOT number: 840597
If you have a specific question about our safety standards or scores – please contact us by calling 313-429-2107, or filling out our Contact Form.
If you are ready to get a quote, please fill out our Get A Quote Form, and we will respond quickly.